The TimeSeries Panel provides a graph view of the data points. The panel also includes a query box, which you will use to define the data that you want to visualize in the graph, and a set of settings that you can use to transform your data and add information to your panels.
If you choose your panel type to be TimeSeries, you will be offered the following set of general settings:
- PANEL: Provide a name, and description for your panel.
- LEGEND: You can customize how the query result data will be presented to you:
- Select either the table view mode or the list view mode to view the query results.
- Use the Values dropdown menu to select a function that will be used to aggregate the query result values.
- AXES: For the graphical representation of your query results, you can choose what type of data is represented by the X-axis and Y-axis in the graph.
- X-Axis: Use the Date Style dropdown menu to choose from various date formats for the X-axis of the graph
- Y-Axis: Use the Format dropdown menu to choose the relevant unit of data, for example, number, percentage, and duration (millisecond) to represent the data on the Y-axis. You can also use the additional options to modify the data on the Y-axis
- Y-Axis (Right): You can add a right Y-Axis to your query result graph and customize it in the same way mentioned above
- TOOLTIP: You can use the tooltip mode to choose what gets displayed when you hover the cursor on the panel. You can select either single, all, or no(hidden) data points to be displayed.
- THRESHOLD: You can add a threshold line on the graph value, which will be represented by the color you choose.