Escalation Policies are used to define how and who will be notified for which services or incidents. Escalation policies will enable you to automate the incident assignment process in your incident management workflow.
Escalation policies within KloudMate are designed to notify different targets at different steps in the event that the initial assignee of the incident, or the assignee at the previous step couldn't acknowledge the incident.
You can navigate to the Escalation Policies screen by clicking on Incident Management > Escalation Policies.
This screen displays a list of all the existing escalation policies along with some additional details about each policy such as name, description, escalation steps, and wait time.
- Escalation steps decide who needs to be notified and how the notification will be sent.
- Multiple notification channels can be added to an escalation step.
- The Wait time defines how long an incident should wait before it reaches the next escalation steps.
You can click on any particular escalation policy to learn more about it. You will be directed to the Escalation Policy Details screen.
This screen displays all the details about the selected escalation policy and its escalation steps such as:
- Wait time of the escalation policy
- Configured notification channel of each escalation step
- The notification assignee information for each escalation step
- The escalation timeout of each escalation step
You can also use the Settings icon to Edit or Archive the selected escalation policy.